Delusions and superstition had availed Us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We learned to protect and care for Ourselves with complete Self Determination. Here are the steps We took, which are encouraged as a procedure to deprogram Yourself:
1. We admitted We were "Not Powerless" over Drugs - that Our lives had become dominated by NA.
2. Came to understand that We were never as morally reprehensible as members of NA had led Us to believe.
3. Made a decision to turn and walk away from Narcotics Anonymous forever.
4. Made a scorching and fearless indictment against NA as an organization and it's individual members.
5. Admitted to Ourselves and another Human Being that We had been conned into joining a religious cult.
6. Were entirely ready to deprogram Ourselves from the self defeating rubbish We were taught at NA.
7. Educated Ourselves about cult indoctrination tactics in order that We may never fall into a similar trap again.
8. Made a list of all NA cult members who had harmed Us, and became willing to confront them all.
9. Called such people on their bullshit wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to indict Narcotics Anonymous and when we were wronged promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through scientific principles, empirical evidence, and Self Determination to improve our understanding of addiction; focusing on a rational understanding of Ourselves as the power to carry that out.
12. Having been awakened from NA's trance as the result of these steps, We tried to carry this message to the world, so that everyone might know the truth about the Narcotics Anonymous religious cult.