Submitted by live_free_or_die on Sun, 06/15/2014 - 15:33
JR has a problem with these individuals: Mark, llse, massive, AntiDenial, Lovinglife52, LFOD, Jim Battle
JR has a problem with the following websites: Stinkin’ Thinkin’, Leaving AA, RecoveringfromRecovery, Expaa, NA Daytona
Who has the problem..?
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Sat, 05/10/2014 - 20:23
Step 1: A glass with a friend.
Step 2: A glass to keep the cold out.
Step 3: A glass too much.
Step 4: Drunk and riotous.
Step 5: The summit attained. Jolly companions, a confirmed drunkard.
Step 6: Poverty and Disease.
Step 7: Forsaken by Friends.
Step 8: Desperation and crime.
Step 9: Death by suicide.
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Sat, 04/26/2014 - 21:27
The 75th Anniversary Big Book is now in Stock!!
Posted on April 7, 2014 by janis
We received our second order of the new 75th Anniversary Edition of the Big Book, so it is available and in stock for anyone wanting to buy them. The new edition cost $12. We ask that groups keep their order to one case until we get a constant supply coming in to the office.
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 19:16
(The Ghosts of Christmas Déjà Vu obtained this rare look into the life of Scott Wallpain, a medium who claimed to have interviewed hundreds of famous ghosts while driving around the United States)
GCDV: You’ve said that you’ve encountered hundreds of famous ghosts. Are all the ghosts you meet famous?
SW: No. Just this morning I awoke with a small girl in a Sunday dress and pigtails tugging on my arm. “Wake up, wake up,” she said. “What is it?” I asked her. “I want you to tell people to stop abortion,” she said. “Because mommy killed me I never got to be a little girl.”
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Thu, 04/17/2014 - 18:20
Monday, April 21, 2014
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
2904 Franklin Blvd, Sacramento, CA (map)
We'll be discussing Alcoholics Anonymous: Cult or Cure? by Charles Bufe (nonfiction - culture).
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Wed, 04/16/2014 - 17:22
I’m a huge fan of the 12-step program. I don’t care if you’re trying to overcome an addiction to food, drugs, porn or puppies.
I’ve read the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous and I know all 12-steps in theory if not actually in practice.
You see, I’m not recovering from anything but plain old life. I’m a “cradle Christian”. In religious vernacular that means I’ve been going to church for my whole life—pretty much cradle to now and most likely, cradle to grave.
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Fri, 04/04/2014 - 18:44
Have you been 13th Stepped? I’m a producer for CBS NEWS. We’re working on a story that focuses on safety issues coming out of contacts made at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. If you feel you’ve been harassed or “13thStepped” by someone you met at an AA meeting, I’d like to talk with you. Also, if you discovered that person was “court-mandated” to attend AA, please contact me.
"Addict'" is one of those words that so many of us use, largely without pausing to wonder if we should. We just take for granted that it's totally OK to describe a human being with one word, "addict" -- a word with overwhelmingly negative connotations to many people.
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Thu, 03/27/2014 - 13:59
William G. Wilson ,
Here's what's trending on Twitter this week. William G. Wilson
CH CONCEPTS @ChemicalHealth
Read summary or listen to today's NPR interview - Dr. Lance Dodes - AA works for only 10% and harms the other 90% npr.org/2014/03/23/291…
With Sobering Science, Doctor Debunks 12-Step Recovery
The approach made popular by Alcoholics Anonymous doesn't work for most people, according to psychiatrist Lance Dodes. In fact, he says, the steps can actually be harmful to the majority of addicts.
Submitted by live_free_or_die on Sat, 03/22/2014 - 12:42
Thankyou! 12 steppers are a miserable lot, as anyone believing they have an incurable, progressive disease would be. I have been abstinent for many years now, and the 12 step groups will no longer take the credit for this fact - their metod is severely flawed and does far more harm than good. Addiction is a word. We don't need a sentence.